A strong mind and an instinct of resilience emerge in a strong body. Sports, an integral part of our culture, ensure the good physical development of students. It helps build a positive spirit among children as they participate in every game very enthusiastically. TWT provides all basic facilities to create an effective sports environment, with an infrastructure that is quite extensive and elaborate. Achievement in the field of sport is considered no less than academic success at our institution.
Sport and physical education are fundamental to the early development of children and the skills learned during sports, physical education, and play contribute to the holistic development of young people. Through participation in sports and physical education, children learn about the importance of key values such as:
• Fair play,
• Adherence to rules.
Importance of Sports in School Curriculum
Sports play an important role in shaping up the personality and fitness of a person.
1. Sportsmanship: Playing Sports teaches us sportsmanship about how to be strong still even when defeat is on our side. Learning how to be humble, for when they grow older they will be able to accept failures and mistakes. Doing necessary improvements and adjustments in life will help them become strong & persistent so that they would learn not to repeat the same mistakes again which they have made in the past.
2. Discipline & Self-Confidence: Children should be involved in some of the other games in order to become disciplined. Every game or sport has its own set of rules & regulations. Physical training & exercise help to become disciplined. Martial arts like judo- karate, taekwondo, etc. make kids well disciplined. Further, sports and games give them an opportunity to lead as well as to feel the team spirit. Thus, sports help to bring out and nurture the qualities of leadership among students.
3. Determination: Children learn how to get determined in their game while playing with other children. Sports improve the perseverance of kids. In order to win, a player should do hard work and keep patience while practicing that will help him to achieve success in life.
4. Competitiveness (Sense of Competition): Playing games & sports increases a sense of competitiveness among the students. They learn how to compete with each other in order to win.
Striving hard to win in every field of life can be surely built with the competitiveness of sports. Willingness to give each & every effort, showing grace under pressure and an ability to accept defeat when losing to a better team or a player are good indications of the true competitive nature that a child can gain from playing sports.
5. Preparation for later life: To win in a game, careful planning with intense training is essential.
Every child is not good at studies but sports can give them a new way to show their talent. In the same way, it is very helpful for students who play sports as it increases the chances of job opportunities in their later life.